30th May 1975.
View of Aberford Almshouses located on the west side of the Great North Road. They were built between 1843 and 1845 as 2 storey dwellings for retired estate workers four men and four women, on the Gascoigne Estate. The last Estate workers to inhabit the almshouses vacated them in 1976. Nowadays, the listed buildings have now been converted to business use and are known as the 'Priory Park' development.