Black and white postcard made up of two photographs. The top photograph shows the first tram car to travel the route between Leeds and Morley on 2nd July 1911. It is car numbers 237, one of 12 Dick Kerr cars (numbers 237 to 248) built in 1901. Morley Town Hall is visible in the background. The bottom photograph shows the dignitaries at the civic opening of the new route which took place on 5th July 1911. The civic dignitaries included the Lord Mayor of Leeds, William Middlebrook (in top hat, centre) and the Mayor of Morley, Alderman Sam Rhodes (standing beneath the stairwell of the tram car, wearing his chains of office.) Both Mayors took turns to drive the tram.