8th July 2006.
View of the Victorian Jubilee Clock which stands at the edge of the market place, close to Kirkgate. It was erected to commemorate the Golden Jubilee of Queen Victoria in 1888. The architect was local man, Alfred Marshall and the clock tower was built by W. Maston at a cost of £180. To the left, the covered area is the Buttercross, formerly used to sell farm produce from, ie eggs, butter, poultry.
Corrections:Corrections are welcomed by the department. Corrections will be verified before appearing on the site - this may take up to 4 weeks.