View looking east along York Road showing three trams. At the front are two Felthams which came to Leeds from London in 1950: on the left is no. 531, destined for Middleton on route 26, while on the right is no. 574 on route 27 to Belle Isle. Another tram is further back. The nearest tram is on the Harehills Lane (route 17) terminus - a third line off the main York Road running lines. By the mid 1950s with the closure of many routes, some routes were combined to make cross-city journeys, so the 26 and 27 routes would at times be combined with route 17 to Harehills Lane or route 20 to Halton; hence the Middleton and Belle Isle trams could be seen on York Road. On the left of the photo are semi-detached houses; in the background towards the right is the junction with Gipton Approach, while just visible on the far right is the Dog & Gun public house.