12th August 2009.
Image shows Yeadon Town Hall, erected between 1880 and 1881 at a cost of £8,000. It was designed by architect, William Hill in the gothic style. The large public hall was built to accommodate 1200 people, making it a suitable venue for local amateur dramatic societies to present plays and musicals. Originally, the ground floor housed the offices of the Urban Distict Council. The illuminated clock within the tower was presented by Joseph Peate, a local mill owner. Vans are parked on the cobbled Town Hall Square and the bus stop in the foreground is for travellers to Bradford, Shipley, Guiseley and Otley.