Aerial view over Harehills from Sheepscar. The line of Roseville Road can be seen, just up from the bottom edge. The large building at the right edge with decorative gables is the former Kepler Council School which fronts Gledhow Road and later became Roseville County Secondary School. Another school with decorative gables is visible towards the left, just under halfway down. This is the former Gipton Board School built in 1897 and fronting Harehills Road. Harehills Lane runs horizontally along the top edge and in the centre Kershaw Works can be seen, the Rank Optics Factory at number 200. At the time of this photograph, the factory, which specialised in the technology of Fibre Optics, had recently closed and relocated to Brentwood in Essex.