Image shows the frontage of Millgarth Street Police Station taken in 1969. Millgarth Street Police Headquarters opened here in 1878 with a barracks and mortuary on the site. At the time of this photograph it was still operational but closed on 14th January 1976. The new Millgarth Headquarters opened on 17th March 1976. The police van which is partially visible was a Morris J4 used for general purposes and prisoner transport.