View of Church Lane showing the Park Hotel on the left, a Webster's public house. It was originally a farmhouse built by Benjamin Farrer in 1734 and has a datestone over the door. It became an inn in the early eighteenth century when it is believed the upper storey was added. It was known as the New Inn until the late 19th century when the nearby St. Lawrence Cricket Club site was acquired by the Local Board for conversion to a park. From then on the pub was known as the Park Hotel.