View of Thorpe Road showing East Ardsley Boys' School, situated at the junction with Bradford Road, leading off to the left. A large number of pupils are standing outside the school for the photograph, some on top of the wall. The school was built around 1874 on the site of the old Town School and accommodated both boys and girls until 1892 when a new girls' school was opened on Fall Lane. By 1908 the school was able to accommodate up to 400 boys with an average attendance of 287. The school has since been demolished.