View looks west along Bradford Road from the junction with Chapel Street, seen on the right. A group of boys are playing on the road with a home-made cart. Buildings on the right are in ascending order from no.60, which is a parcels agent for the Yorkshire West Riding Electric Tramway and Omnibus Service. This must date the picture to after 1922 when the Wakefield-Ardsley bus service commenced; trams never came as far as Ardsley. On the left of the picture is no.41 Bradford Road.