21st February 1950.
View showing tram no.2099, bound for Whingate on route 16, outside the Regal Cinema on Crossgates Road, the tram terminus for Crossgates. Shops on Regal Parade are seen on the left. Tram 2099 was the first of the Felthams to arrive from London when it came on trial in September 1949. At the time of the photograph it was still in London Transport Livery and bearing its London Transport number, but it would change to no.501 when others of its class joined it in August 1950. Following the demise of the tramway system it was preserved and returned to the capital to the London Transport Museum in Covent Garden, where it was restored to its former London Livery.