23d July 1942.
Construction of a static water supply basin in the grounds of Allerton House on the corner of Stainbeck Lane, digging and bricklaying in progress on the war-time project. The photograph shows Stainbeck Corner, with No. 2 Perkins Confectioners, J. Miles, No. 4, A. Benton's Shoe Shop and Trapp's Petrol Station. On the right, on Harrogate Road is the public library and police station (centre) with the Midland Bank, Thrift Stores and George Stephenson Butchers, on the other side of Town Street (left).
Corrections:Corrections are welcomed by the department. Corrections will be verified before appearing on the site - this may take up to 4 weeks.