View of the corner premises of 'Robinsons' Famous Fisheries' located at number 148 Pontefract Lane. The shop is at the junction with Clark Road and part of number 2 Clark Road is visible at the left edge. Flanking the front door are ornate tiled panels which continue beneath the bay window, right. A pane of decorative glass is missing from the bay on the right. In the centre of the white-tiled panels farm animals are depicted (a bull, left, and a pig on the right) surrounded by a square border of trailing leaves. This shop has been a fish and chip shop since at least 1906.