6th September, 1952.
View of the huge circular brick kilns at Middleton Fireclay Works, part of the Leeds Fireclay Company, and situated at Middleton Broom Colliery. In the 1920s bricks were manufactured here to build the Middleton housing estate. The children in the photograph are those of the photographer, Ernest Robinson and the photograph was taken on a Sunday. He was a tram driver and also a tram inspector for Leeds City Tramways.