Image shows detail of the 'Cooperative Virtue Sculptures' built into the back wall of the Brudenell Grove branch of the Leeds Industrial Cooperative Society. The plot of land for the Brudenell Grove store was purchased in 1891. In 1892 the memorial stone was laid by the Chairman of the Leeds Industrial Cooperative Society, Lionel Thornton. He was presented with a timepiece and a writing desk and Mrs. Thornton was given a silver tea service. The following year Mr. Thornton was elected president of the society. The three plaques depict various symbols of food production including machinery on left, possibly a grinding wheel in the centre and a beehive and sheaf of wheat on the right. The beehive symbol was that of the Lancaster Cooperative Society. The back of the building is on Wrangthorn Place.