Aerial view centred on the Saxton Gardens flats. The Parade housed the first flats of the development to be completed and the first families moved in in 1957. The River Aire runs along the bottom with Leeds Dam to the left and East Street above. Mills and warehouses are seen along the banks of the river. A recreation ground lies above to the right with St. Mary's R.C. Convent and St. Mary's R.C. Church beyond, and the 'Bertha' streets behind this. On the left, part of Quarry Hill Flats can be seen in the top corner.