View of St. Michael's Church, the parish church of East Ardsley, and its surrounding graveyard, situated on Church Lane. The site has been occupied by a place of worship since around 1160. Originally a chapel of the parish of St. Mary, Woodkirk, the previous building had been altered and extended over the years before it was demolished in 1880. The Norman doorway survived to be incorporated into the present church, which was consecrated in November 1881.
Corrections:Corrections are welcomed by the department. Corrections will be verified before appearing on the site - this may take up to 4 weeks.