View of St. Michael's Parish Church and its graveyard, situated on Church Lane. Pride of place in the graveyard goes to the War Memorial, seen in the foreground with wreaths of poppies laid in front. Among those commemorated are George Davies, Fred Williamson, Arthur Clayton, Frederick Cooke, John Lorriman, John Hoole, John Brook, Amos Harper, Alfred Green and Charles Miller. The present church here was built in 1881 but the site has been occupied by a place of worship since around 1160.
Corrections:Corrections are welcomed by the department. Corrections will be verified before appearing on the site - this may take up to 4 weeks.