View shows the main doorway of St. Michael's Church, the parish church of East Ardsley, situated in Church Lane. This church was built in 1881 but the doorway which was incorporated into it is all that remains of a much older church on the site, dating back to Norman times. The old church, which had been expanded and altered over the years, had originally been a chapel in the parish of St. Mary in Woodkirk, before East Ardsley became a parish in its own right.
Corrections:Corrections are welcomed by the department. Corrections will be verified before appearing on the site - this may take up to 4 weeks.