Image shows Menston Old Hall from Main Street. This is a postcard with the postmark date of July 14th 1905. Menston Old Hall was originally occupied by the Brears family before it was acquired by Charles Fairfax in 1627. It continued to be occupied by the Fairfax family until 1762 when it was then owned by the Hawksworth and Fawkes families. It was renamed Fairfax Hall in 1896 after being extensively renovated by Joshua Hart, the son of the vicar of Otley. Menston Old Hall is a Grade II listed Manorial Hall. Some historians believe that Menston Old Hall was the location for a strategic meeting at which Oliver Cromwell and Charles Fairfax were present a few days prior to the Battle of Marston Moor of 2nd July 1644. Others think that Low Hall at Menston was the more likely location.