Early image showing the entrance to Bramley Railway Station on Stanningley Road. A sign reads 'Great Northern Railway to Bramley Station'. The station opened on 1st August 1854 and had two platforms opposite each other accessed by the footbridge seen here. The station closed on 2nd July 1966 eventually to be replaced by a new one which opened on 12th September 1983. Bramley Station is located on the Caldervale line. A number of young children and a baby in a perambulator are grouped at the entrance.