View shows Tom Pickering, of Pickering's farm and butchers, seated in his motor car in his yard on Station Road, alongside passenger Mr. C. Robinson. The car was one of a series of eight built by Harry Hodgson, motor engineer, of 25 Whitehall Road, Leeds, between 1922 and 1925, and was equipped with a 1496cc Anzani engine and a four-speed Meadows gearbox. Hodgson later designed and built 5 more Anzani-engined cars, in 1929, as well as giving automobile engineering instruction and driving lessons, and competing in motor sports.
Corrections:Corrections are welcomed by the department. Corrections will be verified before appearing on the site - this may take up to 4 weeks.