View shows a group of Salvation Army members outside their Citadel on Coupland Road. This was a wooden building with a corrugated iron roof situated just off Main Street. When the alignment of the junction with Main Street was changed in 1927 the Citadel had to be demolished. Included in the picture, from left to right, are : back row - Philip Mallison, Albert Kilburn, Gilbert Mallison; middle row - John Higgins, Tommy Kilburn (bandmaster), Major D. Thornton and an unknown female officer; front row - children Molly Mallison and Peggy Mallison
Corrections:Corrections are welcomed by the department. Corrections will be verified before appearing on the site - this may take up to 4 weeks.