Old postcard view of New Farnley showing terraced homes in Furnace Row. Also visible is St. James's Church. This is the original corrugated iron church built in 1863 by the Farnley Iron Company, founded by four members of the Armitage family. It was replaced by a brick-built church in 1959. Church Farm, with grazing cattle, can be seen in the background. The postcard is thought to date from around 1909 or 1910.
Corrections:Corrections are welcomed by the department. Corrections will be verified before appearing on the site - this may take up to 4 weeks.