1st January 2010.
Side view of The Albion public house on Armley Road. Built in the 1860s as two shops, and later becoming two pubs (the other one being The Fleece), they were merged by then owner Peter Walker & Sons after the First World War when the council was threatening to take away the licences of uneconomic pubs. The pub was taken over by Tetley's in 1925 and was successful for many years but is now closed down.
Corrections:Corrections are welcomed by the department. Corrections will be verified before appearing on the site - this may take up to 4 weeks.