leodis logo

Leeds City Council

Open archives compliant site

Supported by BIG Lottery Fund

Enrich UK Lottery Fund

Armley Road, The Albion


Armley Road, The Albion
Description:
1st January 2010. Side view of The Albion public house on Armley Road. Built in the 1860s as two shops, and later becoming two pubs (the other one being The Fleece), they were merged by then owner Peter Walker & Sons after the First World War when the council was threatening to take away the licences of uneconomic pubs. The pub was taken over by Tetley's in 1925 and was successful for many years but is now closed down.

User Comments:
This photograph cannot be purchased due to copyright restrictions.