Early postcard view of St. Stephen's Church in Nippet Lane, but unfortunately the image is of poor quality. The church was built to designs by John Dobson, a Leeds Architect, in the Geometrical Decorated style and cost £3,000. It was consecrated on 9th November 1854. It is possible to make out the large, circular traceried window over the western porch. There is an octagonal turret with a spire containing 2 bells. In 1939 St. Stephen's underwent demolition and the ecclesiastical parish which had been formed in 1851 out of St. Peter's, then became part of the parish of St. Agnes. The church of St. Agnes dates from 1889 and is situated in Stoney Rock Lane.
Corrections:Corrections are welcomed by the department. Corrections will be verified before appearing on the site - this may take up to 4 weeks.