Interior view of the church of St. Agnes, situated in Stoney Rock Lane. It was designed in 14th century Gothic style by architects, Messrs. Kelly and Birchall. The reredos, seen here, is made in terracotta faience and was presented by the Burmantofts Company. The church of St. Agnes was consecrated in 1889 and was built to seat 650 persons. In 1939 it amalgamated with St. Stephen's in Nippet Lane when the church building of St. Stephen's was demolished.