Image shows a corner of the Morning Room at Lotherton Hall. This is the oldest part of the house, dating from the 18th century. Richard Oliver Gascoigne purchased the house in 1825 and had the Morning Room decorated in the Greek Revival style to designs by architects, Watson, Pritchett and Watson of York. When Colonel Frederick Richard Thomas Trench Gascoigne inherited Lotherton Hall in 1893 he and his wife eventually had the Morning Room or Boudoir redecorated for use as an informal sitting room. It has since been refurbished in their chosen colours. The two carved lion-mask mahogany chairs date from c1735 and came from Parlington Hall when it was vacated by Colonel Gascoigne in 1905.
Corrections:Corrections are welcomed by the department. Corrections will be verified before appearing on the site - this may take up to 4 weeks.