c early 20th century.
Early 20th century view of Lotherton Hall taken from the terrace gardens. It shows the Drawing Room wing completed in 1903, right. At this time the owners of Lotherton Hall were Colonel Frederick Richard Thomas Trench Gascoigne and his wife, Mrs. Laura Gwendolen Gascoigne. Mrs. Gascoigne created the gardens and the terrace was constructed with the aid of landscape gardener, William Goldring between 1902 and 1903. In the background left is the small chapel which dates back to the 12th century and retains some original Norman features. Colonel and Mrs. Gascoigne inherited the Lotherton Estate in 1893. Photograph from the collection of the Wingfield family.
Corrections:Corrections are welcomed by the department. Corrections will be verified before appearing on the site - this may take up to 4 weeks.