Image shows a postcard view of Isabella Pit, located on Ash Lane. It was named after the eldest daughter of the proprietor, Richard Oliver Gascoigne of Parlington Hall, and opened in 1833. The pit eventually closed in 1925 and the 392 workers lost their livelihoods. Photograph from the Garforth Historical Society.
Corrections:Corrections are welcomed by the department. Corrections will be verified before appearing on the site - this may take up to 4 weeks.