View shows Lower Town Street in the process of redevelopment. Buildings in the foreground have been demolished in preparation for the construction of the Rossefield estate. On the far side of the road are (from right) nos.96 to 112. 96 to 110 are also scheduled for demolition (these include the premises of William Witts, printer and publisher, and F.J. Rogers Ltd., organ pipe manufacturers) to be replaced by the Snowden estate. No.112, however, known as the Old House, was spared demolition and this now stands alone amidst the council estate. It is a listed building dating back to about 1600.