Old lithograph by C. Goodall showing the Britannia Mill in Britannia Road. It depicts the earliest part, a three storey block with central hoist, dating from 1860. The mill manufactured textiles for over one hundred years but the majority of it was demolished in the 1960s. One building remained, thought to date from around the first World War. It was renovated as offices and a technical workshop for Asda in the early 1970s.
Corrections:Corrections are welcomed by the department. Corrections will be verified before appearing on the site - this may take up to 4 weeks.