Black and white view of the memorial erected to the fallen of the First World War, situated on Gildersome village green. It reads 'The men whose names are here inscribed gave their lives in the war 1914-1918. This is the memorial of their honour and of our gratitude.' The message is repeated and the names of men killed in the Second World War were added to the south face of the memorial. The war memorial was unveiled by Lieu-Col. Bousfield, D.S.O.T.D. on 12th May 1923.