Image shows Lotherton Hall from the south-west with the 1903 extension in the centre. Plans for this were drawn up in the Estate Office for Colonel Frederick R.T.T. Gascoigne and his wife Laura Gwendolin Gascoigne. Mrs. Gascoigne designed the gardens including the terrace, seen here. The oldest part of the house is also visible in the bow fronted structure, right. This is the original Georgian villa which Richard Oliver Gascoigne purchased from Lamplugh Raper in 1825. Inscribed on the back of the photograph is 'photographer' Leslie Chapman. c1941-1943.