View of Main Street showing, on the right, East Ardsley Old Hall. This Grade II listed building is the oldest surviving one in the village, stone built in Elizabethan style in 1622 for Robert Shaw. Part of it has been used as a farmhouse for many years and its owners have included the Copleys, Longbottoms and Autys. Now (2010) it is split into 3 separate dwellings. The houses on the left with front gardens, known as Grand View, have since been demolished. The building next to these once housed the Working Men's Club and later the Church of Christ. In the background is the New Empire Cinema.