Aerial view of Skelton Grange Power Station showing five cooling towers and three chimneys. This coal-fired power station was designed by Reginald Ridgeway and built in 2 stages. The 'A' station was built in the late 1940s and the 'B' station between 1955 and 1962. The two towers to the left belong to the 'A' station and the other three to the 'B' station. A fourth tower at the 'B' station was demolished between 1982-3, dating the photo to after this time, possibly after the closure of the 'A' station in the mid 1980s as it appears inactive here. The rest of the power station closed in the mid 1990s and it has since been demolished with very litle remaining today. At present (2011) plans have been submitted by Biffa to build a rubbish-fuelled power plant on the site.