View shows the Dyneley Arms public house situated at the Leeds Road/Pool Bank New Road crossroads. A notice above the door lists the licensee as Ernest Anderson Movley. A large group of men, possibly members of the Potternewton Cycling Club, are posing outside for the photo, which is believed to date from around 1890-91. The Dyneley Arms dates back to at least the mid-19th century. In October 2002 it was closed down after suffering severe damage in a fire, but following major renovation work which restored it to its former glory, it was re-opened in March 2008.
Corrections:Corrections are welcomed by the department. Corrections will be verified before appearing on the site - this may take up to 4 weeks.