View of Huggan Row from the bottom of Crimbles Terrace. This is a very old row of stone built terraced propertis named after the Huggan family of Pudsey. William Huggan (1802-1869) was a local cloth manufacturer and benefactor. He was also a Guardian of the Poor and the Overseer of the Poor, and became a councillor on Leeds Town Council for the Bramley Ward in the late 1860s. Huggans Row was built on Crimbles Green, and area of common land prior to the Enclosure Act of the early nineteenth century. The land was then parcelled into plots suitable for building on. Image courtesy of John Garnett.