25th September 2011.
View of Moss Hall, located near the Sandmoor Golf Course in Alwoodley Lane. The building is Grade II listed and is thought to date from the late 17th century. Moss Hall replaced an earlier timber-framed house, which, at the time of its demolition belonged to William Stead. Some of the timber was used in the construction of the present Moss Hall and a plaque with the date 1583 and the initials R.C. is preserved in the property. Information from 'An Illustrated History of Alwoodley' by Steven Burt.