Interior view of Kirkstall Road Tram Works taken in 1907 showing trams in the process of being built. Around this time it became Leeds Corporation policy to build complete tram cars at the Kirkstall Depot to cope with the demand as a result of extensions to the tramway system. The first 12 cars to be fully built here were numbers 115-126. They were unvestibuled double-deckers with open balconies designed by Hamilton. Kirkstall Road Tram Works covered an area of 2 to 3 acres. There was plenty of employment for local people with electrical and engineering skills in the car-building and car-repairing sheds and workshops.