View of two tram cars at Kirkstall Road Tram Works on the south-west side of Kirkstall Road, numbered, left, 290 and right, 25A. Number 290 was Hamilton designed and was built between 1911 and 1912, part of a series of 10 double deckers numbering from 283 to 292. Number 288 was converted to a bungalow when they were withdrawn in 1945. Number 25 received the suffix 'A' after 1926 and was built in 1897. It was one of 25, numbered 1 to 25, with Milnes bodies and open tops on two decks. They were built by Greenwood & Batley of Leeds. In 1906 the cars were re-built and by 1910 most had been given vestibules. Those still running were withdrawn between 1928 and 1936.