Image shows a Middleton Bogie photographed between 1933 and 1948 at Kirkstall Road Tram Works, situated on the south-west side of Kirkstall Road. It was designed by William Van Morland, General Manager and Engineer of Leeds Tramways. The first one, number 255, was produced in 1933 and was reserved for the hilly Middleton route. The success of the innovative, modern design led to a further 16 going into production with slight modifications in design. The livery of these cars was pale blue, lined in gold and white with a cream below the upper saloon windows.