Image shows a double decker tram car, number 272. The destination sign reads number 3, Roundhay via Harehills. This is one of three cars, numbered 272 to 274 completed in 1935 and built to designs by the then General Manager W. Vane Morland (1931_1949). Kirkstall Road Tram Works, where the car is pictured, was situated on the south-west side of Kirkstall Road.
Corrections:Corrections are welcomed by the department. Corrections will be verified before appearing on the site - this may take up to 4 weeks.