18th May 1966.
View shows the Gaiety Kinema on Roundhay Road by the junction with Gathorne Terrace. The cinema had closed on 22nd February 1958 and is seen here with its entrance boarded up. Designed by architect G. Frederick Bowman of Greek Street, it had originally opened on 6th July 1921. It was eventually demolished and the Gaiety public house opened on the site on 7th December 1972. This too has since been demolished and the Archway resource centre for 16-25 year olds was built on the site in 2001.