View of an open-roofed trolley bus which was in Leeds for the purposes of demonstration. It is photographed on Whitehall Road on the new City Square to New Farnley route. This service, which commenced on 20th June 1911, was the first trolley bus service in the United Kingdom along with one in Bradford. The buses were all single deckers and numbered 501 to 504. The chassis maker was the Railless Electric Traction Company (as in the vehicle seen here) and the bodies were built by Hurst, Nelson Company. Another two routes opened in 1915, the Guiseley to Otley service on 9th September followed by the Guiseley to Burley-in-Wharfedale service on 22nd October of that year.