Image shows a number 501 trolley bus as it travels along Whitehall Road on its journey from City Square to New Farnley. This service opened on 20th June 1911 and it was the first trolley bus route in the United Kingdom along with a service started in Bradford a few days later. There were four trolley buses operating on this route, numbering from 501 to 504. The chassis manufacturer was the Railless Electric Traction Company and the bodies were made by the Hurst, Nelson Company. In the centre a white horse and cart can be seen and at the right edge a man is seated on a cart pulled by a black horse in the direction of the city centre. Overhead is the railway bridge belonging to the Great Northern Railway.