View looking from New Market Street towards Vicar Lane with the Kirkgate Market Buildings seen in the background, right. Shops on the left include Neville Reed, tailor and Driver's groceries and provisions, then after the junction with Central Road, Hepworth's clothiers. Tram stops are seen in the foreground to the right. The presence of tram no. 513 by the stops indicates a date of the 1950s for the photo, as this was one of the Felthams that did not arrive in Leeds until 1950 but it was clearly taken before the tramways closed in 1959.