Interior view of Hall Lane Congregational Church showing the carved oak memorial pulpit and communion table and chairs. An inscription carved in the front panel of the pulpit reads 'To the Glory of God, and loving memory of our Father, Thomas Thornton (Armley) March, 1898, Treasurer and Trustee of this chapel.' The church was built by a splinter group of the Methodists called Methodist New Connexion and was originally designed to seat 275 people. It was constructed in the Gothic style with a tower and a spire. Hall Lane Congregational Church, now converted to residential units, is located at the junction of Hall Lane and Mitford Road.
Corrections:Corrections are welcomed by the department. Corrections will be verified before appearing on the site - this may take up to 4 weeks.