Postcard view of Arthington Hall on Arthington Lane. This country residence, mostly an early to mid 18th century rebuilding of an earlier house, was the home of the Sheepshanks family from 1830 onwards. It was used as a convalescent hospital during the Second World War and for some time after, as on this postcard which bears a postmark of 1954, but has since been reverted to a residence. It is now a Grade II listed building.
Corrections:Corrections are welcomed by the department. Corrections will be verified before appearing on the site - this may take up to 4 weeks.